Professional Service Group
Open Technologies’ Professional Service Group is staffed with talented personnel that strive to provide the highest level of service for all of our customers. We provide proven, high-quality, right-sized solutions with dependable professional services — Helping you with storage and computing technology
Our customers range from small businesses and schools that need dependable storage, networking, and server environments that run with no/small technical staffs to larger businesses and state universities that require specialized personnel for point products and larger integrated systems.
Server and Desktop Virtualization - Infrastructure Design
Open Technologies has talented engineers with several years of experience designing and implementing server and desktop virtualization environments. We have created all sizes of server and desktop environments for a variety of businesses, schools and hospitals.
We are certified to represent best in class computer equipment companies such as, IBM, HP, Sun Microsystems, Dell, Hitachi and SGI. We also work with sophisticated software applications, including VMware, Oracle and Solaris to create “right size” solutions that work for our customers.
Open Technologies’ Value - A Value Added Reseller That Gives More
Open Technologies has been delivering “right size” solutions for customers for more than 15 years. We provide value to our solutions through our product knowledge, ongoing updates, individual and community presentations and through personal assistance and support.
We know you can purchase individual products directly online, but you can’t buy a fully-integrated, turn-key “solution.” And, you can’t buy the experience that comes with years of leveraging technology and resources to optimize your overall solution; wherein lies our added value. The more components involved, or the greater number of requirements for your project, the more likely you’ll need an experienced solutions partner like Open Technologies.
Storage Solutions = Open Technologies - We Know Storage!
Open Technologies creates storage solutions from Gigabytes to Petabytes for customers who require local, remote or distributed storage or disaster recovery solutions. Our multi-vendor toolbox of storage products allows us to build “right-size” solutions for a business or organization of any size.
You want it, we have it. And, more than likely we’ve done it before, so you get a solution, configured by experienced engineers, that works, scales and performs to your specifications. Engage our storage specialists to help you with simple or tiered storage solutions for single and multiple site business continuance requirements.
Our services offerings range from:
- Providing product demonstrations and solution design engagements
- Providing on-site training on various productsProviding technical staff augmentation for short and long periods of time
- Providing remote system monitoring services
- Developing and implementing solutions (new, updating, and migrating)
- Providing performance reviews, diagnostics, and trouble-shooting
Our Areas of Professional Integration include, but are not limited to:
Storage, Server, and Desktop Virtualization Solutions
- Evaluating current computing and storage environments
- Understanding requirements for all services and performance levels
- VMware, Virtual Box and other Xen solutions based on best-fit solutions
- Desktop Virtualization — Helping customers understand savings opportunities
- Server Virtualization — Choosing the right virtualization tools, servers, and storage
- Storage Virtualization — Understanding and utilizing thin provisioning/storage reclaim
Storage Solutions for Everyone!
- Small Network Attached Storage (NAS) for your Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Storage Area Networks (SAN) for your Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Remote data access, data replication, and disaster recovery
Directory Integration and Naming Solutions
- LDAP-AD user/password synchronization
- Two-way HA multi-master configuration with SSL
- Directory proxy and security, and load balancing
- Secure LDAP client server logins
Secure and Redundant Communications Solutions
- Secure (SSL) enabled POP, IMAP, SMTP, and Web services
- Secure Calendar services (web and desktop)
- Single sign-on (SSO) with mail, calendar, and address book
- In/Out bound load sharing and failover
- Virus and email spam filtering
Disaster Planning and Recovery Solutions
- Client/Server backup of data bases, servers, and apps
- Shared tape library, storage, and central management
- Multi-site availability using storage replication
- Multi-site availability with automatic application failover