Highly Secure and Mobile Access to Virtual Desktops and Enterprise Applications
Redwood Shores, Calif. – July 6, 2011
- Further extending its comprehensive desktop virtualization portfolio, Oracle today announced Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App for iPad is now available on the App Store.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App enables users secure access to virtual desktops managed by Oracle’s Sun Ray Software and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- This innovative app allows iPad users support through Oracle desktop virtualization, bringing full “session mobility.”
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App supports a broad range of enterprise applications, including network-intensive applications and those requiring full desktop browsers. For example, Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App provides high performance, mobile computing environment for users of Oracle’s Siebel CRM.
- The app is part of Oracle’s complete desktop-to-datacenter virtualization portfolio that allows customers to efficiently and easily virtualize and manage their full software and hardware stack, from applications to disk.
- The Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
New Application Delivers Highly Secure Access to Mobile Users
- Delivering highly secure access, the new Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App offers simple, intuitive, and accurate gesture based and multitouch operation with rich virtual keyboard support, including CTRL, ALT, ESC, Insert, Delete, Tab, Home, End, Function, Paging, and cursor keys.
- The app contains a fast and responsive interface which allows multi-tasking and seamless switching between other iOS apps. Oracle Virtual Desktop Client leverages Oracle’s ALP protocol to provide a high quality user experience.
- With its high security and support of built-in VPN functionality of iOS, users can experience worry-free access to corporate desktops and applications.
- User sessions are protected, even over public Wi-Fi connections, through 256-bit AES encryption and features auto discovery of available Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure or Sun Ray Software servers.
- “With the introduction of Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App for iPad, we continue to offer customers innovative ways to access a broad range of virtual desktop environments and enterprise applications,” said Wim Coekaerts, SVP, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. “When used in conjunction with Oracle’s Sun Ray Software and Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, customers benefit from enhanced security, centralized administration, lower cost, and better access to their corporate data from iPad.”
- “Oracle provides the world’s most complete customer relationship management solution with Oracle’s Siebel CRM,” said Anthony Lye, SVP of Oracle CRM. “When combined with Oracle Virtual Desktop Client App for iPad, customers can now access Siebel CRM on the go without any modifications. The user’s desktop environment, including any web-based Siebel CRM application, is hosted in the data center and rendered accurately over the network on the iPad, increasing speed and ensuring that no local data is stored on the device, which increases security.”